Friday 6 September 2013

Last day in England

So here I am. In less than 24 hours I will be flying at 10,000ft and on my way to Germany to begin my Year Abroad. I really don't know how I feel. This YA (Year Abroad - I'm feeling lazy) has been building up for sooo long! Yet now it's here, I feel myself wanting to put it off for another week. I think deep down, I really am looking forward to it and I'm ready to get really stuck in.

I guess I should really apologise for my lack of posts recently. I'd rather not go into details but I've had a MASSIVE inconvenience on the accommodation front. To cut a long story short, an almost perfect accommodation situation turned into a nightmare very quickly and all at my expense. It's really put a downer on my final week here, and I'm still without a place to live.

In more positive news, I've recently been in contact with an English teacher at one of my two schools. She has given me an idea of what I will be doing during my time there and is also assisting my hunt for somewhere to live. She sounds really lovely and has certainly reassured me.

Last night, Mum and I packed my stuff (I HATE packing - and at the age of 20, I'm still incapable of packing a bag without help from my Mum) I did have to remove a few things, as, even after doing the old 'sit-on-top-of-the-case-until-we-can-zip-it-up-trick, we struggled to close the case, but I've managed to sort it out and get it down to a suitable size and weight (However the Liquorice Allsorts and box of Yorkshire Teabags are definitely still in there). I still can't help but feel I've forgotten something. However, as I said to Lois, we have to remember that we are going to Germany here. It's not a Third World Country, so anything I haven't got, I will just buy.

Now, as the name of the post suggests, today is my last day in England. I really don't know what I should be doing. Eating loads? Chilling out at home? Having a massive party? Worrying frantically? I feel like I should be making the most of being at home, but don't really know how!

Anyway, Lois and I fly out to Munich tomorrow morning about 9:00. I know it's going to be really beneficial to be flying out together and it will definitely take the initial sadness of saying goodbye to family for four months away. I'm then staying with Lois (as she has already found accommodation) for a while, whilst I continue my hunt.

I really hope I can find an internet connection and keep this blog updated. I've done a pretty poor job so far, so it can only improve right!? I'm sure / hopeful that my posts will get more interesting and hopefully, by the end of my next post, the number of times you yawned whilst reading it, will be single figures.

So here I go - The biggest adventure of my life begins tomorrow.

Bis Bald,

Marcus

No comments:

Post a Comment